Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Love and Waterton IX

Oh Waterton. You Dear are my dream. You epitomize one of the great aspects of Alberta in my mind. Sure, I love, really love the plains. Oh pretty much I love all of Alberta. Thats besides the point.

I love my friends. So much. I have missed them dearly. I cannot say that enough. For real. I cannot. I've been telling Cathy daily.

I mean can you beat couples falling in love, Bonnie being domesticated, ice cream treats or basically just hanging with friends. I think you cannot. I will
fight anyone who begs to differ.
So funny story. Ben Spackman and I are secretly competing for Cathy's attention since he is her boyfriend and I am her best friend. As such, funny funny moments occur.

Story 1. Darin was lovingly rubbing aloe on Diandra's sad sunburn. Ben was so jealous. Because, earlier he had asked Cathy if she wanted him to rub aloe on her, and she shut him down. Atta girl Cath. And immediately thereafter she came to me and asked me to roll up her pant leg so she could put lotion on. Ben caught us (aka saw us) and gave a put out little "What the heck? Why does she get to roll up your pant leg and I dont?" It was hilarious.

Mostly because of Story 2. Which actually happened before story 1. Awkward.
So we are sitting on Bon trons cabin deck, enjoying the glory that is Waterton. It is Diandra's b-day weekend so we're having a big BBQ (which was delish). Ben is sitting on these storage benches and he's surrounded by people. I'm sitting on the stairs of the deck doing my own thing. Cathy comes to the door and looks around for a place to sit. Ben goes "Cath come sit on my lap"... to which I scream "DONT DO IT!" Cathy makes this classic digust and distaste face... looking from him to me. Ben turns to me and goes "YOU! Stop that." Then he turns to Cathy and goes "Cathy dont just listen to everything Melissa says. Think for yourself." To which Cathy turns around and re-enters the house. Oh... so funny.
What makes it even funnier you ask? The fact that Ben is a soft talker and therefore Cathy didnt hear a word he said regarding sitting on his lap. She just heard me scream dont do it and her face was one apparently of confusion and shock, which just happened to look exactly like disgust and distaste. Oh... and yet she still rejected it. It was awesome.

This photo is totally Nima Maham's bad. Why he thought making me take a photo with Cody was a good idea... no idea.
Cody and I are friends. But have I ever mentioned that forced couple photos are not good. Not good at all. Because my face immediately goes awkward. Add someone touching me... Just bad. Really really bad. Even if we are friends. If it were a stranger this would be even more awkward.

1 comment:

Royall said...

That last picture is totally sooo awkward. Hahaha.