Sunday, June 7, 2009

Technicolor moments.

Somedays I feel like ideas are a fluid entity. They flow in and out of my mind. Sometimes they dance along my fingertips. I want to hold them close and make them mine. But they swirl often just out of reach. But sometimes, if I focus and hold my breath, they let me catch a good long glimpse. Friday, an idea let me hold it just long enough to put it into reality.
Makeup. Hair. Outfits.


So let me introduce the lovely and talented models I had to work with...



Bonnie Leishman.
First time model... long time ANTM fan.  I gave her a tough scene.  A serious scene.  Something Bonnie doesnt often do.  And well... she pulled it off spectacularly.  Dont let the haters hate Bon.  This was brilliant.  I know it and you know it.

Next on the docket:
Cathy Frache.
She has proved that even the good girl can pull off a little Bad A punk rock when called upon.




Clarissa Baines.
Not gonna lie... she was a random last minute insert. But I give her all the credit in the world. Because there is many a girl who wouldnt have just ran with this photoshoot.  So she was dressed a bit like a pirate.  She made it work.




Now I dont wanna brag, but both Amy Erickson (the other photographer - except she's legit and I'm a faker) and I had little fan section watching the shoot go down. 

Our first fan - the ten year old on a bike that asked what we were doing and then sat in the bushes and watched me direct the photo shoot.
Fan's number two - the two teenage smokers. They were in a cool part of the park and so Cath and I intruded on their domain and literally had a little shoot within arms reach of them. Which is shown in the picture below. They didnt say a word. Just let us photo shoot next to them. It was awesome. 
Lets get to see a little snippet of the pieces we came up with... 

BONNIE
The first in Bon's section is called Dance monkey Dance.  Bon was a great sport.  Love this girl.























CATHY 
Freak.  If she had a CD I would want to put these on the cover... Dont judge - we used Avril as our inspiration.  I think it was pretty spot on for teenage angst.


CLARISSA












We shot until there wasnt anymore light.  All in all probably one of the funnest moments of the summer so far.















I really have great friends.  They let me orchestrate and put this together.  All because I had so much fun directing a mini-photoshoot for grad.  It didnt matter that I have no skills.  It was just fun and a spontaneous thing to do.  

3 comments:

amysteed said...

loved it. it needs to happen again.

Diandra Harding said...

Seriously impressed.
Cathy you should not be in dental.

Bonnie said...

d - this is where you say "bonnie you should move to africa and carry water on your head and have 12 children."