Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love and Waterton II

Round One Dinghy

I had been waiting all weekend for an epic dinghy ride.  People had talked about the late night chats and star gazing done in the dinghy.  Had I seen any of this?  No.  The dinghy kept getting vetoed. Buncha jerks.  So when the thought of an active dinghy ride came up... needless to say I was all in.  
We only had four paddles... which were quickly snapped up by Darin, Cathy, Ben and Scott. There is something empowering about having a paddle.  Makes you feel in control... But being in the water. It ignites a distant memory of summer swim lessons. And slowly I recall why I love water. Its comfortable (even if its freezing).  I have no fear, and it wouldnt and couldnt hurt me. And I really like that.
Yes the water was freezing.  Hypothermia freezing.  But there's something completely enchanting about riding down such a picturesque creek.  














I love Cathy's reaction in this vid.  She is speechless.  And let me tell you, that doesnt happen often.  












The dinghy was a little low in air... needless to say... we all got a little wet.  

Guess a few more of us shoulda prepared to get wet.
Then we carried the dinghy back for more!

No comments: