Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jumping Jacks

One of Ryder and Katie's favorite things are jumping pictures. 
Ok... they really like pictures in general but jumping pictures are just that little extra something.
 They could jump down those two steps over and over and over again.

And then do it some more. 
And each time they call out for someone to be documenting it with the camera.
I really love that they hold hands as they jump. Their little hands clasped together and their little faces shining with joy. Its exactly how a brother and sister should be. And I love it. I hope they always remember how to have fun together in such a simple way.

Sometimes Auntie Lindsay even jumps with them.
They're such funny little children. And I love the pure joy in their faces. Just jumping down the stairs and they looked like they were having the best time of their lives. I made orange julius for them when I was home. They'd never had it before but when they tried it they proceeded to have this little conversation:

Ryder: This is SO good. Its better than ichiban.
Katie: Ya its better than macaroni.
Ryder: Better than pickles!
Katie: Better than snowmen!
Ryder: Better than cheese sandwiches.


They went back and forth for a good five minutes naming everything that orange julius was better than. It made me laugh. And wish that I was recording them. And a couple hours after I'd made it, Ryder came up to my room. 


Ryder: Auntie Missy? Can you make me more orange julius? It was SO good.


So I went back down and made another batch and the kids compared who had the best orange julius moustache. 


For any interested in making their own orange julius here's the recipe - its ridiculously simple. 

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar (half regular half powdered to make it more creamy!)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8-9 ice cubes
1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
2. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, adding ice cubes one at a time
To be fair I just blended it all together instead of actually reading the directions and we doubled it since our orange juice cans were massive... but we have a vitamix which is the bomb of all blenders and wins at life. 

No comments: