Monday, September 14, 2009

See me play.

I've been meaning to mention the fact that my friends from my dental class are so freaking amazing. And the married mormons really have kinda taken me under their wing. I like that they dont shun me because of my empty ring finger. They really have been so awesome and even tho I tend to seventh wheel it, its really great. We've had some fun little get togethers' over the past month or so...

Event One - Brad and Diedre Cammack (tho I neglected to take a picture of them... whoops) hosted a BBQ. Basically I got to be John and Tamsens' third child cause they gave me a ride and everyone else that showed up had a significant other. Its kinda funny... I've noticed a trend that all my dental friends are married/paired up. Its cool tho.
John and Tamsen Keyes
Mel and Derrick













Mark, Nancy, Amit and Heather














Event 2 - Beach Day.



I must say, this whole living near an ocean... new experience for me. But I'm not morally opposed to it. Its pretty relaxing and fun to just head to the beach and lounge about. We tossed a frisbee for awhile (and I discovered I'm an atrocious frisbee player - Derrick got quite the workout chasing down my ridiculous throws).



We did a little bit of clam digging.
Which I'd never seen done
before so it was kinda interesting.














Basically, not being land-locked is growing on me.
Event Three - Clamfest!
John and Tamsen went clamming and we spent the night just eating tons and tons of different styles of cooked clams. Clearly this was not the type of event someone who hates seafood would like... but me? I loved every bite! We had mussels, spinach and artichoke dip, clam chowder, stuffed baked clams, deep fried clams, shrimp. Mmm... it was seriously SO GOOD!

































Jealous? You should be. This doesnt even do the night justice. My mouth still waters thinking about it.

I feel like this year, having a pretty good group of dental friends, is really nice. And the married mormons especially are really good at making sure I get any invites to fun things they're doing. They kinda take care of me. And I like that alot. Plus it gives me someone to vent to about Remo and the suck factor that is that class.

3 comments:

Deidre said...

I am so blog stalking you now. It was pretty darn tasty!

Melissa said...

hahahha... I LOVE IT!

Royall said...

So jealous! I have always had this secret dream to dig clams and having a calm bake so I'm living vicariously through you.