1. When I was in ECS - which P.S. still have no clue what it stands for - we used to get to school via alleys. I only lived a block away so it really wasnt a far trek. But I remember one day a bunch of us kids from the area were playing in the alley. There was a big pile of like constructiony garbage and I was jumping on some boards and was barefoot (cause I hated shoes) and jumped right on a nail. David Alan peddled me home on his bike. When I think of Dave being my big brother, I think of that moment. I was in pain, and he took care of me and took me home.
2. When we moved to the West side of Lethbridge, my love affair with being late to school began. I hated waking up to go to school. And would try my best to miss as much school as possible. I would get woken up, hide around the house and hope I didnt get busted by one of my parents so I could stay home all day. I'm not sure it ever worked out - cause I dont remember ever missing much school. But I was late so much, the ladies at my elementary school had a late slip ready for me everyday. Now thats service!
3. There used to be a program on our computer at home that you could make Mickey Mouse banners and little print outs. I just remember Lindsay and I would make ridiculous banners that you tape together all the time. I have no idea why we loved them so much. Every birthday got a Mickey Mouse banner for like a year.
4. Chips Challenge. Anyone else remember how AWESOME that computer game was? Cause I loved it. Used to play it all the time as a kid. Loved it so much, I searched it down via google and downloaded it onto my old computer and would still play it. And there is definitely a website that will tell you how to beat each level. Yup, I'm a 90's gaming nerd.
5. In grade 4, I was in a class with a boy that lives on the cul-de-sac by my house. His name was Decklan Redman I think... he had a braided rat tail. And a crush on me. One day we were playing BINGO in class. Mr. Bryant left me in charge while he left the room. I won while he was gone. And while I was going up to Mr. Bryants desk, Decklan knocked my bingo card on the floor. I was so mad I punched him right in the chest while he sat in his desk. Everyone said his desk shook I hit him so hard. He threatened to beat up anyone who told on me to the teacher. Anyone else see the irony?
6. I hate lunch time. Its not that I hate eating lunch. I just hate the awkwardness that is lunch time. You finish eating and then what? Junior high lunch time was the worst. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one to talk to. Eck. I used to wish that they would get rid of lunch and just let us out of school early. Actually I still wish that.
7. I joined school patrollers for a boy. Not cause I wanted the prestige (cause yes, there was prestige involved with being a patroller). Not for the flashy bright orange vests. Nope, strictly so I could spend time with a boy I had a crush on.
8. Sometimes I still feel 14. And my face tries to act 14 still. Its a bit much. The acne, the drama, the insecurities. Oh I dont wish junior high on anyone! I remember writing a note to my friend about how much I hated the class I was in. Too many snobby popular people. Who found and read the note. It was bad junior high news.
9. Some of my favorite moments, are in the dark. I love running in the dark. I love walking in the dark. Games in the dark. There is something nice about being hidden under the cover of darkness. I like it best when there's no one around. Its quiet. And its just you, the world and distant lights. Midnight runs in the coulees, or river valley... mmm... miss those.