Sunday, September 20, 2009

I am getting older. And lamer.

I definitely feel like getting older changes us. It mellows our viewpoints and changes our interests. I find myself loving things, I would of rejected doing as a 17-year old. Like baking. This semester I've been on a baking kick. Sheila is getting a strange version of me to say the least.

All week I've been wanting to make cookies. And I found a recipe online for Oatmeal Cookies.
The interweb wasnt lying when they called these Soft Oatmeal Cookies.
To quote Sheila:
"These cookies are awesome."




There you have it folks.
Awesome.













Soft Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

3 cups quick cooking oats


Directions

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

6 comments:

*little miss giggles* said...

lemme guess sis thompsons recipe?!?!? lol they're soooo good

amysteed said...

those look so good! i may have to make some. soon.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I want some of those awesome cookies. Pronto.

lauren said...

pfft.
NOT baking is for the "too cool".
also not for the "too cool"?
folk music, grandmother sweaters and intelligent conversation.
catch my drift?

i'll have to try these cookies.

it made me giggle when i read this post.
i found an amazing recipe for oatmeal cookies online, and have seriously made four batches in the last two weeks. i keep trying to find people to pawn them off on.

i'll post the recipe!
soon!

.Ang. said...

Those look delicious! I'm going to have to try that recipe!

Royall said...

Do you ever make those biscuits we were crazy about baking in Edmonton anymore? Every attempt I've made at them since Edmonton has been a dismal failure. It's so weird. I must have lost my touch.