Monday, April 6, 2009

I have a brother... he serves the Lord.

Sometimes I just miss Matt so much!
But he sent me photos today.  YAY!  
I included a few excerpts from letters from him.

Here's William, Jesse and Matt.  Will is in California and went to the MTC just after Mattie.  And Jesse got home from his mission in Texas a couple months before Matt left.

ELDER LOWRY
Hemosillo Sonora Mexico

This is Matt and his super short comp.  
I think the comp is Elder Rojas.
At least I know its definitely gotta be the comp he was talking about at Christmas.  

"One of the elders in my district in the mtc, is in my zone and he says that I have grown taller since the mtc.  I dont know if its true but maybe"
What do you think?  Is he taller?

This is an excerpt from one of Matt's letters explaining the next photo.
"Anyways this week I eat a habernero.  The hottest chile in the world and boy is it spicy.  My whole face turned red and I started to cry and my ears started to hurt.  It was quite the ordeal"


Matt is one cute missionary.


I'm assuming that this is him and Elder Gracia in front of the Hermosillo Sonora Temple.

I'll leave you with something I hope Matt wont mind me sharing.  
I love my brother.  So much.

"I have faith that I can teach the people, that I can testify of jesus christ.  I know that the book of mormon is true and that joseph smith is a prophet of god.  I know that Jesus Christ suffered for us.  And that we cannot comprehend his sufferings.  He has felt everything that we have felt in our lives and he knows us perfectly.  I know that God has a plan for us and that we can become like him and live with him and that we can live as a family forever.  This is my testimony and I say these things to you in the name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Amen"

To write this wonderful servant of the Lord:
ave garcia conde #301
colonia pitic
hemosillo sonora mexico
c.p. 83150

1 comment:

.Ang. said...

Your brother seems like an amazing missionary!!

I'm proud to call him family!!!