Sunday, October 17, 2010

Boston Firefighters Local 10K

This 10K came with a completely different feeling than the last.
I think mostly because I felt like my running has been less than stellar lately. 
So while I wasnt nervous so much about the race, I was nervous about my ability to run.
Cause running hates me. And lately the feeling has been mutual.
But I was determined. I would run the entire 6.2 if it killed me - which I was fairly certain it would.

BEFORE
Dee, Lucinda and I apparently signed up one right after each other during class. Hence the numbers.

Dee, Me, Lucinda, Chelsea
The run was going alright tho - pretty flat for the most part. I mean I was tired but making better time than I'd anticipated. That is until I hit the Mile 4 marker. That was when my body decided it had had enough running and wanted to stop. But I kept going. We ran on the road and I kept thinking that I was closer than I was. Turns out I wasnt super observant on the loop out, so I kept getting tricked into thinking I was further along than I was. Which made for a long run. I legitimately wanted to stop running, but I pushed through (and cursed a few times for good measure). A slow run is still a run tho. And I'm glad I kept going. I even beat my time from the last 10K - 66 mins Booya! Even though this run hurt more to run (due to my waning consistency), I do realize that I'm making some progress - even if it doesnt feel like it. Running a little faster than I ran before and that sort of thing.

AFTER

3 comments:

Royall said...

Woot! Woot! for progress. My runs likewise have been less than stellar the past three weeks but at least we're still running! And this is a new week so we can start picking it up more.

Kate Weber said...

I'm impressed. I'm not a runner at all!

I'm new to your blog! Loving it! Can't wait to read more!

K's said...

Good job pushing through! I'm so proud of you! I ran most of my 5k today in the snow and leaves and relieved - no wipeout!