Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here's To Happy.

The other day I was talking to a classmate, who said this...

"You need to learn to be happy in whatever stage of life you are in, cause if you are constantly looking to the future saying 'then I'll be happy', it never happens. Cause there are problems and disappointments in every stage of life."

So here are some things that currently make me happy:

1. These two crazy faces.

I love that my name is Aunt Missy. I love that I can play rough and then convince them that they loved it, even if they didnt. I love that you can teach them to do funny things - like pound it or cheat at thumb wars. I love that they both have these completely unique and distinct personalities. I love that I see my family in them.

2.
"Hey wanna come with me?"
"Where are we going?"
"We're going crazy!"



















3. That these two fell in love and had the gumption to know that being happy takes more than just love.











4. That this kid is a righteous kid.









It may sound weird but Matt is slightly my pride and joy. I miss him like crazy.


5. Staying connected via stalking...
I have many blogs that I love to read.
Family, friends, people I admire.
Its quite the long list.
So if you're updating, I'm loving it.

6. That my boyfriend and I have decided to become a little more serious this year.

Last year we saw each other on a casual basis. This year its going to be a lot more up close and personal. Sparks will fly. I promise you that.

7. That I am a smart girl.
Is it vain to be happy I'm not dumb? Cause if so call me vain.
I know what I want and I know what it takes to get it.
Not everyone is so fortunate... or decisive.

8. This beautiful place.

I dont care if I'm a million miles away. Alberta will ALWAYS be my home.

9. That I have my own room.
Yup.
It is bloody brilliant
to have my own
personal little hideaway.

10. That I was raised with boys.













Sorry Takahashi's... I'm calling this one. Growing up with boys... AMAZING. I would of had it no other way. And getting to be tight with them? Unlike no other.


11. That my besties are two of the funniest people I know.

















And thats saying something.. cause I've experienced some very funny people in my time.









12. That this crew is always there for me.

For some, distance doesnt make the heart grow fonder. But with the distance from my family, I have definitely noticed that we have become a tighter knit family. Sure its out of necessity. But I wouldnt trade it for anything.

There is nothing better
than displaying your
life neatly via point form.

2 comments:

Brittney Ped said...

You totally inspired me to post. I'm sorry I'm such a bad blogger...

amysteed said...

I love this post for several reasons.
1. I know that at least one person is stalking my blog. I will update more often. Just for you.
2. That picture of Alberta seems vaguely familiar...
3. I also love lists, and love that you do too
4. You've inspired me to be smart. Is it too late in your last semester of university? Hopefully not.
5. Personal hideaway...my roomates call me a hermit, but I like your terminology better.

If I can't get a job as a nurse in Alberta maybe I'll come to Boston...?