Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'd call myself patient. But then I'd be lying.

I'm back in Boston. And I ache for Alberta.
But I'm just gonna have to suck it up. Such is life.

I donno. I've been thinking lately alot about sacrifice and the ability to work hard. I feel like I've known for many years that anything worthwhile takes hard work and sacrifice. But sometimes in the midst of the hard work and sacrifice, you just get tired. Which I guess is where patience comes in. And remembering where you are heading. But there are people out there that truly amaze me. They have no concept of working hard for something. Of putting in the time and effort to get something that you want. Of having to sacrifice some things you would want for something that is better. Because sometimes "we have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best" - Dallin H. Oaks. But prioritizing what you want is so hard. Because there are so many good things out there. So how do you know whats really the best? And once you've decided, how do you stay motivated to achieve such goals?

Sometimes being an adult is so frustrating. And as much as me and childhood were not great friends (cause boy do I like being the boss of my own life), sometimes I miss how simple life was then. You became friends with whoever you sat next to at school, you liked whatever your best friend liked, and your biggest worries were about who you were gonna play with after school.

But I guess in that moment it didnt seem so simple. I'm just venting. Getting used to my surroundings again and what not. Getting used to the separate life I lead now. While I loved this summer - it almost would have been easier to come back if it had sucked. Because the contrast... wow. Its a contrast thats for sure. But I love what I'm doing. And that makes the distance worth it. I just forget sometimes. Silly me.

2 comments:

Shel said...

Matt's in Boston working - I think he will be there for a few more days. His cell phone #is 985.788.8899

.Ang. said...

"Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again." -Peter Pan

I've been thinking about being a kid a lot lately. and also about growing up a lot lately. and sacrafices and trying times. Thanks for this post!