Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Me Day

Some days clinic makes me want to scream. Even when I havent been in the actual clinic for a few days, I dread the drudgery of it. The signatures, the stress, the tedious paperwork, the less than stellar patients, the less than stellar faculty. Usually I keep my chin up and dont shirk all the work that needs to be done. I'll call that patient, or work on a written analysis or track that faculty member I needed to talk to down. Taking it in manageable bite size steps. (The downside is that I never really feel I've accomplished anything cause of my baby productivity ways). But occasionally taking a completely stress free day all for yourself is just what you need to beat the clinic blues.

The other day I went to a movie at noon. I got an awesome shake. I took a glorious meandering walk through the city - even stopping to give someone direction. And then I went home and guilt free watched tv. I didnt rush anywhere. I didnt think about how far on my to do list I had gotten. I just enjoyed my own company and the city in which I live.

It was one of the best days I've had in a while. And as such I highly recommend that everyone should take a Me Day every now and then. Off days make the on days more manageable.

4 comments:

brock + amy said...

I love days like that! You defintely deserve a day off!

Cathy said...

mmmm me day. wish it was an us day!

Young People in Love said...

mmmmm hmmmm! Love everything about this post! All the elements for a PERFECT self-care day!

Good for you, girl.
Loves.

thegirlhassparke said...

Sounds like you deserve a rest day, it sounds just perfect!