Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Furry Friends

So a few times I've seen a shadow dart across the room when its late at night.  And this shadow is dang fast so by the time I investigate its already gone, leaving me to wonder 1. Where it came from and 2. Where it went.  And Leyla has also seen a dark shadow, but everytime she sees it she's not wearing her glasses, so she cant tell what it is.  But sometimes I get easily creeped out so I usually just ignore it.  Out of sight, out of mind.  

Last night I saw said shadow again.  But this time I got brave and decided to do a little investigating and turned on the lights.  We have this thing that plugs into our walls thats supposed to keep just such little furry friends away, but on closer inspection I realised it was plugged in... and not turned on.  So i turned it on and a little while later I watched a little mouse (scream if you feel the need),                                                                                                  
(pictured mouse is a dramatization of actual mouse seen)
saunter its way back towards the front door.  I followed after the mouse to see where it went (not too closely).  And couldnt find it (since I'd given it an adequate head start).  I hope now he decides to stay gone.  

3 comments:

Lana Dawn said...

oh my gosh. i hate rodents.

i feel for you.

K's said...

You may want to go to the nearest Lowe's and get a rodent repellent that you plug in. It emits a "sound" that repels the critters. Then maybe your new pet will get to know the neighbors instead...

Melissa said...

Oh... we TOTALLY have one of those... as well as several mouse traps that Leyla's parents got for us.