Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Night Before Christmas

I am WAY too excited to sleep.  Even though I have a final in a short eight hours... I get to go home tomorrow... And yes... I was sighing happily as I said that.  
HOME.  
Sadly I feel like I have forgotten what it looks like.  And well... there's been some changes I've only heard about.  Its weird to think of going back and it not being the same.  I mean I was talking to Josh and forgot the name of Nanton... But there is no where I would rather be.  

And in memory of my home (ok and the exams I've had) I havent celebrated Christmas in the slightest.  I swear I barely remember it is December because it snowed for the first time a couple nights ago... and then by morning the rain washed it all away.  Stupid rain.  So no snow... and I wore capris today outside.  Not quite the winter I'll be coming back to.  But I feel like Christmas starts the second I get to be with my family again.  
And today lots of little accomplishments happened.

1. I woke up at like 8 and didnt fall asleep immediately as I started studying.  

2.  I did 11 loads of laundry.  I know... that's disgusting.  But it was quite necessary... especially if I wanted to travel in clean clothes and come home after christmas to clean clothes and bed ware.   I think my family will thank me for my perseverance in coming home clean.  But ya... 11.  Thank goodness one of the dryers is "broken/free" so I only had to pay for the washers.  

3. I packed my bags for Canada (woot!) ... and included textbooks... sad.   

I just feel like I have been gearing up for this holiday since... well I started my countdown when there was like 45 days left.  I'm down to one day.  One glorious day... that happens to have an exam smack in the middle.  

There are just so many things I'm excited for.  I feel like I've planned out every possible moment so that I can make my two weeks as fulfilling as possible.  I dont want to waste a minute.  We're gonna go snow shoeing, tobogganing, skiing and to the Great White North aka Cold Lake...  I get to see my friends again... And little Ryder and Katie.  I kinda worry that they've forgotten me... well Katie for sure has... I mean she's still got her baby on... But Ryder... I just have missed my family so much.  And we get to talk to Matt on the 25th... I think thats the best part.  I'm so excited to hear from him.

All in all I think after my exam is over I might explode with the anticipation of a 7 hour flight.  
But it wont matter... I'll be heading home.  And that is just right.    

No comments: