Monday, December 8, 2008

Handy Harriet

I happen to have possibly the draftiest window ever... and as such I've been sleeping with a serious amount of winter gear.  And I went to my roommates room and it was a sauna compared to my room.  So I decided today, since its cold enough that I now need mitts, touque, hoodie and winter jacket (+ sweats that are a school staple), that it was time to quit putting off weather proofing my window... so I stop dying of hypothermia.  

First I figured out how to shut my window all the way. Cause it wouldnt shut at the bottom or the top.  Sadly that didnt fix the drafting... only made it slightly more bearable.

But I was determined.  I want to be able to sit in shorts in my toasty warm house... Instead of two pairs of sweats under all the blankets I own.  


So I went all handy on the world... And bought a window insulation kit!



And this is all it took... some plastic, scissors, double sided tape and ya.. a hair dryer.










Works like a charm.  I already feel so much warmer. So hopefully that continues.



2 comments:

.Ang. said...

way to take care of business!!!

The word verification is STING.

That is neat!

Linz said...

i should look into one of those!! mine collects moisture on the inside of the window!