Thursday, July 16, 2009

June 20


This girl here is one of my best friends.
Her name? Stephanie Louise Wilde.
Today she got married. After four years, two missions and alot of prayers.
She's in love.
And ridiculously happy.

Steph and I have known each other since grade seven - when my brother introduced us because he was dating her sister (now my sister in law). Our friendship hasnt been free of drama, but Steph is one of those friends that no matter what, I care about her and know she cares about me. Plus we share a niece and nephew. We are bound together. And that thought makes me very pleased.

Stephanie was a beautiful bride. I had no doubt that she would be, but seeing it in living color, after waiting for so long... It was nice. And Jake (her hubbie) couldnt be more perfect for her. Plus Ryder has this unnatural love for him... so its a good thing he became his uncle finally.



So the munchkins here were adorable... and crazy, the WHOLE day.

For the most part, Katie was a hater. Towards everyone.
Amy Wood, Brock and Dani.













Dave was tried his best to control the crazy that is Katie. He did alright. She was a little puff of angriness tho.
I just really love the Wildes. They are so awesome... and I love being kinda family with them.












I think Brock was more excited than Steph to finally have Jake in his fam. It was pretty awesome.

The Wilde girls... Chelsea, Lacey, Steph and Nat.
Brock definitely had to keep the kids occupied - especially Ryder. He didnt want to leave Jake's side the whole day. And Livy too was a bit of a crazy.

















So David Alan MC'd the reception. And he comes out right at the beginning of the night with a paper bag on his head. And he goes "I know that you arent supposed to show up the bride at the wedding - but with Steph... there's not a chance of that. So I thought I would give Jake the common courtesy of not up-staging him. Hence the paper bag."




So Steph and Jake get out on the dance floor after the program to have their first dance. They start dancing to some slow song... and they are dancing SO awkwardly. And all the sudden Jake falls to the ground and Steph walks away. I was sitting there going "What the crap?" Then a random noise starts and Jake starts kinda convulsing on the ground... the noise. Yup... the intro to the thriller is playing. He gets up and starts doing the thriller dance. And then Steph joins in.

And then the WHOLE family joins in. Nat and Dave... DO NOT dance. I repeat... they do not dance. Honestly it was hilarious. And probably the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I guess I shouldnt of been surprised that Steph would do something awesome. I mean she is so amazing. It was shocking though. And freaking so funny.


Lindsay informed Nat and I that we dont have a photo of the three of us anywhere. Whoops.










The wedding was a fun chance to get reunited with the rest of the girls of 704. Royall, Steph, me and Dani were all roommates our first year of University. And now three of the four are married.

So I'll admit... usually wedding arent my cup of tea. But there is something about seeing someone gloriously happy and in love, its kinda nice.

The End

No comments: