High on what you say? High on life baby. Lately I have been feeling such overwhelming joy. Yes, sometimes Dr. B makes me want to punch something. Yes, I still get stressed and feel insecure. But riding below the surface of all of that is a happiness. A joy about where my life is. I feel secure despite the uncertainness of my future. And I would have to say that a large part of this recent feeling is due to an increased effort of mine to be more open. I feel such satisfaction, because instead of worrying and wondering, I have made the bold move to vocalize my thoughts, feelings and needs. There is such gratification in this new approach. I honestly don't know why I ever held out. Because knowing>wondering.
Wanna know the nitty gritty of things that are making me happy in the last few days?
1. I heard a hilarious story the other day, that has had me grinning like a fool every time I think of it. And I think of it often.
2. One of the assistants took me grocery shopping at lunch today. I bought this pesto and sun dried tomato cheese... Oh, Lordy. It is freaking unbelievably good. I had my doubts... but goodness gracious. Expectations? Blasted to smithereens.
3. My father is the bomb. Yes, sometimes I ask for things short notice. But he always does his best to make me happy and give me what I ask for. He's kinda great like that. And I'm extremely lucky.
4. My Alberta flights are booked. And I found out that the patient I was debating coming back from Alberta for, can come on other days besides Friday. Thus negating my need to come back early. So that is a flight scheduling win.
5. And did I forget to mention that I'm coming home for Thanksgiving too? Yup, booked my flight on Monday. Epic sibling reunion? I think so.
I'm just happy. And thats kind of noteworthy.